TUNE IN TO BET **AUG. 3RD @ 5PM**

CLICK THE COVER TO DOWNLOAD "T.O.L.E.D.O"

Sunday, August 8, 2010

R.I.P. Martin Luther King Jr.

This had to be one of my most heart felt moments ever. For those that don't know, the Lorraine Motel is the location of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s death. Quite honestly I totally forgot the exact name of the place so as we approached the huge sign and I caught on, I went bananas. Believe it or not tho, that wasn't the part that captured my heart. The woman you see in the photos is Jacqueline Smith and I was BLESSED with the opportunity of meeting her and talking to her. Jackie ( As she told me I could call her lol) was the last tenant of the Lorraine Motel and was also working there when King was killed. King was killed in 1968 and yet she still lived in the motel by herself until 1982 when it was purchased by the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial. and she was pretty much thrown out. This is the crazy part, she's been living outside the motel everyday ever since as shown in the pics protesting the turning of King's death site into a national museum. Learning this story made me realize how strong the mind can really be. Jackie is totally amazing and I can't wait to see her again, till the next time I'm in Memphis. Oh and btw, she said "Beverly Scissorhands" is the best mixtape ever! lol, seriously I gave her the cd and she asked for my autograph and then popped it in her cd player. I'm thinkin damn "Outta all ppl me"? God is good

No comments:

Post a Comment